Water dripping into neighbours driveway

beetroot

Hello, A neighbour called into me recently to say there was water leaking into his driveway from my garden and he thought there might be a broken pipe somewhere in my garden. I've only recently moved into the house and apparently it's been happening for years but previous owner didn't want to know about it. I had a look and there does seem to be a constant small dribble of water. There is a drop of 3/4 feet between my garden and his driveway (which backs onto the end of my garden) so I asked was it just run-off from the garden but he says it's constant even in periods of dry weather. I was just wondering does anyone know where I could start to tackle the problem, is the local council responsible for leaky / damaged pipes (if it turns out that it's a problem?). Many thanks.

beetroot said:
is the local council responsible for leaky / damaged pipes (if it turns out that it's a problem?). Many thanks.

Not if they are on your property as far as I know - only if they are outside.

Hi beetroot,
You would need to try and identify where the water is coming from. Unfortunately if its on your property then its most likely your problem...but take it step by step and identify the sourse first. Then if you want to let me know how you get on from there I can try give you suggestions.

Blarney

Thanks for the replies, going to give the water dept of the local council a call and see if they have any suggestions. Don't really know where to go after that, do you ring a Plummer???

Rang the council and they were very helpful, they're going to send someone out to take a look. Hopefully I won't get landed with a large bill at the end of it all...

Back