Wards of court and relatives will

F

fonzi

My mother, aunt and uncles have a problem at the moment with getting their share of a deceased relatives inheritance. The relative in question was in a nursing home and suffering from Alzheimer's so was made a ward of court. She passed away last January and left quite a lot of money in her will.
There is no question or dispute about their entitlement to the inheritance and the solicitor they have employed has been doing his best (so he says anyway) to make the money be paid out.
They have been promised it will be paid "soon" loads of times and it's gone beyond a joke at this stage.
I don't know the full details of it so I don't know who is actually holding up the payment. My mother, aunt and uncles are not greedy or grasping (quite the opposite in fact) but they are not getting any younger and I would like to see them get what they are entitled to (there's nothing in it for me btw).
I wonder should they consider another solicitor?I am sick of them being messed about.

Can you confirm if you mean this January 2012 or January 2011? Even the most straight-forward cases can take around a year.

Can you confirm if you mean this January 2012 or January 2011? Even the most straight-forward cases can take around a year.

Apologies. January 2012. Is this length of a delay normal for an inheritance case where ward of court is involved?

Back