Want to sell house with tenant on HAP and have not registered with PRTB

KellyA

Hi,

Can anyone please give me some advice. I want to sell my house. I have a tenant in the house om HAP the last 2 years. My question is can I sell my house with her been on HAP.

Other question I have please. I never registered with PRTB. Am I in trouble now. I'm very worried. I'm not really a landlord just wanted someone to rent my house to pay my mortgage but now the house is costing me money as the interest is going up and up and just want rid.

Any help is welcomed please very stressed out person here thank-you

1. You can register with RTB now, theres an extra payment, but it wont bankrupt you.

2. Review the documentation you got when you signed up to the HAP scheme. Is there a minimum letting period?

1. You can register with RTB now, theres an extra payment, but it wont bankrupt you.

2. Review the documentation you got when you signed up to the HAP scheme. Is there a minimum letting period?
Thank you for the reply. Even if I tend to sell in the next year should I register for RTB. Any idea how much the extra the payment is please ?

Thank you for the reply. Even if I tend to sell in the next year should I register for RTB. Any idea how much the extra the payment is please ?
You should register as it’s a legal requirement. If you don’t, you’re opening up a world of avoidable hassle and unnecessary risk for yourself when it comes to sell.

Have a look at rtb.ie for the fees. Late fees range between €10 and €20 per month delayed.

You should register as it’s a legal requirement. If you don’t, you’re opening up a world of avoidable hassle and unnecessary risk for yourself when it comes to sell.

Have a look at rtb.ie for the fees. Late fees range between €10 and €20 per month delayed.
So do I got back as far as when she started hap. That was like 2 years now

Hi,

Can anyone please give me some advice. I want to sell my house. I have a tenant in the house om HAP the last 2 years. My question is can I sell my house with her been on HAP.

Other question I have please. I never registered with PRTB. Am I in trouble now. I'm very worried. I'm not really a landlord just wanted someone to rent my house to pay my mortgage but now the house is costing me money as the interest is going up and up and just want rid.

Any help is welcomed please very stressed out person here thank-you
You are clearly a landlord. If you didn't want to be one why didn't you sell before?

And yes you can register now late. Just go onto the RTB website and do so. That's the least of your problems though. It's not just a matter of selling, you will find it next to impossible to sell with a sitting tenant. The advice is to give notice and when the tenant leaves you can sell. You should talk to an auctioneer (estimates are free and they will give you advice on vacant possession).

If you are struggling do you want to do a Money Makeover to see what you can do about your financial circumstances. Perhaps fixing your mortgage interest rate is something you can do.

If you don't register your tenancy you cannot deduct mortgage interest. So I assume you haven't declared the rental income to revenue either. The more you dither on sorting out things the bigger a financial mess you will be in.

Also I would be fairly certain that it’s a condition of being a participant in the HAP scheme that you would register the tenancy with RTB. I’m a Landlord in a Council RAS scheme and it’s a condition of my Agreement with the Council (contained in the Lease) that I register the tenancy with RTB.

Also I would be fairly certain that it’s a condition of being a participant in the HAP scheme that you would register the tenancy with RTB. I’m a Landlord in a Council RAS scheme and it’s a condition of my Agreement with the Council (contained in the Lease) that I register the tenancy with RTB.
I forgot that I did it so long ago. A tax compliance certificate. Oddly after that they never asked for it again.

I only went legit when we started hap
You're making a right mess of this I suspect. But without figures it's impossible to know how much of a mess and even more importantly it's not possible to advise you unless you give us financial details.

How about some basic figures.

Mortgage, interest rate, monthly repayments, term.

Rent. Value of property.

I suspect selling is your best bet.

I forgot that I did it so long ago. A tax compliance certificate. Oddly after that they never asked for it again.
It used to be the case that the Council requested a copy of my Tax Clearance Certificate every January.

I think that the Council nowadays has ongoing access to my Tax Clearance status (if I recall correctly, I think I have them permission to ascertain this directly from Revenue).

They haven’t asked for a hard copy in years.

Can I ask, how is HAP being paid if the property is not registered with the RTB, This is a basic requirement, no judgement, just curious. I was also under the impression once HAP is approved, the property is inspected within a defined period

HAP request registration with RTB but it is not a requirement for payments to starts from them. It seems rent is not being declared to revenue here?

You need to be very careful, HAP request a TCC at the start of the tenancy which would not be an issue. They send random request for updated TCC during the tenancy and will stop all rent until this is received. I have been selected twice for this. Best advice register with RTB, file tax return for 2022 you are in good time for this. Give notice to tenant through RTB and apply for tenant in situ scheme purchase of the property through the county council. It is a slow process but you will receive rent until the day the sale goes through and you won't have to evict tenant.

If you sell to Council, they will request TCC and RTB number. If you don't have both the process won't proceed any further.

Back