walkinstown

T

tina01

we were thinking to buy o house in Walkinstown,any opinions please on that area?

Walkinstown is alot nicer nowadays it was a bit rough about 16 yr ago , But it has developed into a really pleasant area, I have family there and would consider buying there myself if I could afford it. i would advise you to visit www.homepro.ie before you move in as they provide an invaluable service.
Good luck with the move
Ger

I have lived there and while there's good and bad in the area, as in everywhere, I'd have absolutely no problem buying there again. The nicest areas are around Cherryfield Road and the library area. In fact, I'd see Walkinstown as undervalued when compared with Crumlin, Drimnagh etc. Also a fab place to live if you are doing up a house!!! Walkinstown and the environs are DIY store mecca... decent schools too.

thank you very much for your replies. we've seen a couple of houses today on St.Peter's Road and the area seems quite nice,just that I've never been around Walkinstown before.
thanks again

Peters Road is incredibly busy, the traffic never stops and is backed up from the roundabout to the Credit Union most mornings. Every time I walk up that road I think that I'd hate to live on it. Have a look in Greenhills maybe, that is just off Peters Road. Aside from that the area is great to live in, you are in walking distance of Dunnes, Superquinn, a few chemists, banks, Luas, a number of bus routes etc.

Back