Walked out (emigrated) on joint mortgage in 2014, coming into inheritance soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ins and outs of Judgements
1. A judgment can be registered as a judgement mortgage against any property you own, as alluded to earlier.
2. A judgement will affect your credit rating with lending institutions and credit card companies.
3. A judgement can be lodged with the Sheriff for collection which can lead to seizure of your goods.
4. A judgement can form the basis of Instalment Order proceedings in court against you.
5. If creditors know that a judgement has been registered against you (and they can conduct a search against you), they will not be inclined towards doing business with you (think buying properties, cars etc).
6. As alluded to earlier, do a judgement search against yourself.

Your like a pack of dogs with that lad, and, I have to say, good on him for fighting his corner.

He may not have handled the situation correctly, but we haven't lived his life these last number of years, and so we don't have the right to slaughter him out.

Some of the attacking posts are absolutely disgraceful.
Thank you and thank you to anyone else who has not judged me. I would thank your posts but I can't find the thanks button.
1. A judgment can be registered as a judgement mortgage against any property you own, as alluded to earlier.
2. A judgement will affect your credit rating with lending institutions and credit card companies.
3. A judgement can be lodged with the Sheriff for collection which can lead to seizure of your goods.
4. A judgement can form the basis of Instalment Order proceedings in court against you.
5. If creditors know that a judgement has been registered against you (and they can conduct a search against you), they will not be inclined towards doing business with you (think buying properties, cars etc).
6. As alluded to earlier, do a judgement search against yourself.
Thank you. Would you be aware of how I perform a judgement search against myself, I can't seem to see any mechanism on the website.

Would anybody have any information on the statute of limitations and how it might apply here (last contact with the lender was in 2014) and to any potential judgement against me?

Would you be aware of how I perform a judgement search against myself
Go to a Solicitor and they’ll arrange it. There are fees payable for searches. While you’re there, get advice.

Or go to the Central Office in the High Court in Dublin and punch in your name into the system.

Thank you and thank you to anyone else who has not judged me. I would thank your posts but I can't find the thanks button.

Thank you. Would you be aware of how I perform a judgement search against myself, I can't seem to see any mechanism on the website.

Would anybody have any information on the statute of limitations and how it might apply here (last contact with the lender was in 2014) and to any potential judgement against me?

Or simply do a google search instead of coming on here looking for people to give you easy answers

I googled judgements there and there is a pile of information on what they are, how you find them and all the rest.....

To be honest, I am not going to condemn you for what you are doing or trying to do. However, a lot of people remember threads going back over the last 10 years of people really suffering trying to keep a roof over their heads and their families and trying to meet their obligations. There are loads of people who are still impacted. You choose to run away and then come back trying to start afresh like it never happened. Good luck to you but I doubt you will find many people here or anywhere else willing to help you unless you pay them. So unless you find the information you want yourself, I would suggest paying for some good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back