Waiting on Vendors solicitor question.

brigadear

I had an offer on a house accepted, handed over holding deposit, that was nearly 2 weeks ago. How long should I be waiting for the vendors solicitor to send the details to mine. I have been on to the EA and he has said he has passed on the details and it is up to them to send everything on. I would have thought that they would have send everything on once EA had informed vendor that I had given a holding deposit. Am I being unreasonable in excepting their solicitor to have been in touch with mine in only 2 weeks.

Tell the EA to tell the buyer about the delay. When we were selling our house we got the EA to tell the buyer what was happening each step of the way as their Solicitor was useless. Apparently some Solicitors are expecting the sale to fall through so don't do any work until pressure is applied as the time spent on the work is wasted if the sale falls through.

Otherwise try to find details of the vendor's Solcitor and ring them yourself. If all else fails you can threaten to pull out of sale unless things start to progress. Our buyer had contracts, BER rating and valuation done within a week of putting deposit down. Keep the pressure on!!

Back