visa card and additional cards

M

mary

to avoid paying stamp duty twice my hubbie and myself are going to get an additional card holder on my a/c. If we cancel will he have to pay anything on closing the a/c? Hubbie already paid stamp duty in april on his a/c so is that all he will be liable for?

Hi Mary,
I think your question is answered in the "Borrowing, Banking and Credit Cards" section.

As an aside, I did what you did, but I explained to UB what I was doing they kindly paid the tax for the card that was closed for the part of the year we had it.

The second card user has to be given explicit authority to make enquiries on the account. This takes the form of a letter from the primary card holder authorising the second card holder.

Also for some reason my partner is unable to book flights on the RyanAir flights using the details on the second card. But is able to book flights using the details on the first card.

ajapale

The Ryanair problem is probably because the cards have a different security code on the back of them. i.e. the last 3 digits of the code just above your signature.

Just remember that the additional card holder isn't covered but the cc insurance, ie no comeback with purchases etc.

Just remember that the additional card holder isn't covered but the cc insurance, ie no comeback with purchases etc.

Hi enaja, that is very interesting. Does this apply to all CC companies?

Marion :hat

Yes, this applies to all cards, most people are unaware of this and should you want any type of recourse with cc company on purchases/payments, only the main card holder is covered i.e whatever they themselves purchase not additional cardholders.

Back