Virtual Landline Suppliers

Nutso

Hi All,

I need a virtual landline number which will forward to more than one mobile number - can anyone recommend a provider that will do this?

I work from home for a company in an administrative capacity, and it looks as if we may soon need to have another employee who will occasionally work with me but will also work from their own home. It would be useful to have a landline number that would forward to both our mobiles (and possibly a third if necessary), to be picked up by whomever answered first.

I would appreciate any recommendations or other options.

TIA,
Nutso

The basic Skype account, with an added number subscription, will do this.

I have a UK subscription which cost me GBP 22.50 for 12 months at last renewal. For this, I have a virtual UK geographic landline number for incoming calls and have "unlimited" minutes (I don't know what the fair usage limit is, if any) to make calls to UK landlines. (Not mobiles - they are charged against my Skype credit).

In account tools, I can select either voicemail or call forwarding for missed incoming calls. If the latter, I can use up to 3 forwarding destinations - worldwide landline, worldwide mobile or just another Skype user ID in any combination. Forwarded calls picked up by a landline or mobile are charged to my Skype credit at prevailing rates for wherever they are picked up. (Voicemail is free if I elect not to call forward).

You could set up something similar with a subscription for a virtual Irish landline number and the cost should be close to what I'm paying.

If you are out and about and have mobile internet, just having the Skype app open on your mobile 'phone would also let you pick up any calls before they click over to call forwarding without incurring the cost.

"Skype for Business" (with an additional subscription) will allow you to increase the number of potential call forward numbers by using "team call/delegates" (up to 25, I think), but if you want a maximum of 3 forwarding points, basic Skype + subscription configured as above will do the trick and works well.

Paul

Goldfish telecom offer this but the cost of diverting to a mobile is quite high. It's very cheap to divert to a landline - 1c a minute or so. They charge 2.50 a month standard charge.

Back