Virgin poor service and won’t answer the phone

cremeegg

I have had a great broadband service from Virgin for a few years now. Suddenly the signal starts dropping out. I rely on this broadband, and pay well for it. Virgin tech support doesn’t answer the phone. Slagging them off on twitter eventually gets a response. They say it must be the router and send a new one. Now instead of dropping the signal is slow. Less than mbps on a service advertised as 200 mbps.

And they still dont answer the phone.

Thank you for listening. It has helped.

A couple of years back when we had a problem with my mother's Virgin Media service we could not get it sorted so we e-mailed the M.D. and they came back immediately so fair dues to them there. Looking on Google would show Tony Hanway as the M.D. so you could try that. If you cannot find his e-mail I can look later (heading out now) and see if that is what we used. Not sure if I got it from AAM too :)

Never had an issue with them not answering the phone but it can take up to 30 mins for them to do so is my experience.

In my experience, if you can phone at 9 am there is a good chance of speaking to an agent within a few minutes. The later in the morning the longer the wait. Afternoons are always a long wait, and then sometimes you are then just cut off.

When you do get an agent they are usually polite and helpful.

I have had a great broadband service from Virgin for a few years now. Suddenly the signal starts dropping out. I rely on this broadband, and pay well for it. Virgin tech support doesn’t answer the phone. Slagging them off on twitter eventually gets a response. They say it must be the router and send a new one. Now instead of dropping the signal is slow. Less than mbps on a service advertised as 200 mbps.

And they still dont answer the phone.

Thank you for listening. It has helped.

WiFi or Ethernet? Did you reboot the router?

A couple of years back when we had a problem with my mother's Virgin Media service we could not get it sorted so we e-mailed the M.D. and they came back immediately so fair dues to them there. Looking on Google would show Tony Hanway as the M.D. so you could try that. If you cannot find his e-mail I can look later (heading out now) and see if that is what we used. Not sure if I got it from AAM too :)

Rooted around on AAM and I think this is the e-mail [email protected]

You probably need a service engineer to come out and check connections and signal coming into property. We were never able to use the 'On Demand' section of TV service and when they came out and checked it the signal was far too weak so put it right no problem. Not sure if you will have to pay a fee for call out but they might waive that if you go through the M.D., worth a try :)

In my experience, if you can phone at 9 am there is a good chance of speaking to an agent within a few minutes.

I came home from a few days away to find my router dead.
I rang them at 9 am this morning and waited 30 minutes.

I had no plans to out and I was able to do other things while waiting so it was not too bad.

They don't tell you the wait time or where you are in the queue.

Brendan

I came home from a few days away to find my router dead.
I rang them at 9 am this morning and waited 30 minutes.

I had no plans to out and I was able to do other things while waiting so it was not too bad.

They don't tell you the wait time or where you are in the queue.

Brendan
I got a new telephone handset recently, I made the great mistake of not getting one with a speaker.

Calling Virgin I was given the 'current wait time' at 30 mins.

Thanks all.

I tweeted @VirginMediaIE this afternoon and got a reply within 10 mins asking me to send a DM. I sent the DM at 1:30 this afternoon, no reply so far.

I emailed Tony Hanway just now, I will let you know how that goes.
So I emailed Tony at 18:01 on Friday. At 18:39 I received a DM on Twitter. However once I replied the conversation went dead.

They came back to me again Saturday morning to say they had done some tests and would send a technician. The next available time was Tuesday.

Saturday afternoon a technician called to say he could come that evening. So he came 7pm Saturday.

Tony the man. Thanks @Sue Ellen.

@cremeegg

Ya know that €50 that ya saved ............... ;)

Glad to hear you got it sorted but ya know what they say, it takes a woman to sort the situation out and wasn't I right as usual when I said it would need a technician to call out :) :)

BTW are you sure the phone does not have the speaker facility by double clicking the answer button on the handset, it certainly works that way on our Gigaset phone.

Last time I had an outage it lasted about 5 days, the finally got back to me on the 7th day. Did nothing, because by then it was working again. Useless.

Back