Viking Direct v Curry's

Peanuts20

Now I've never been a fan of the UK electrical retailers over here but price wise, they are starting to take the mickey

A 2 pack (B&W and Colour) cartridges for a HP printer are €59.99 in Currys. Same cartridges are €39.99 online from Viking Direct. I got free delivery from Viking for orders over €50 as well

Currys have always been among the most expensive retailer imho

I try and avoid them like the plague, I find the locally owned Expert to be much better however on this occassion, the price differential genuinely shocked me

Currys have always been among the most expensive retailer imho
They offer some price matching, but I have not tried it.
I try to avoid them as much as possible - but recently ordered a larger piece (delivery required) from them as they could deliver in the timeframe I needed it. Funnily enough, the unit arrived at my house (!) damaged and getting me a un-damaged unit would have taken 3 weeks or so.
They were very fast returning the money, so cannot fault them there.

It took me 8 + weeks, many emails to Viking Direct, to get a stand for a laptop. The web site had said it was in stock the whole time, but they were telling me it was out of stock. Offered for me to buy a more expensive one to get it delivered. They managed to deliver a couple of other things in a reasonable time frame. Took months to get it sorted, I did get it eventually. Online doesn't always work out well, their ability to sort it was very poor too.

Poor experiences with Curry's / PC Direct with ex-demo stock sold as new and brand new monitor faulty out of the box. Took time to sort out as staff don't know EU retail law and I was told to ship faulty goods to manufacturers to avail of their warranties. Never again.

No experience as a consumer with Viking Direct but a business I was involved with used them for stationery items and they seemed easy to deal with.

Awful time with Viking trying to get a chair and then a refund. Took months. Curry's in store are very expensive.

To be honest Amazon is just easier and quicker and refunds are mostly far easier.

Viking direct would not be regarded as cheap. I get toners from Amazon.de (laser printer) or 123ink.ie

Awful time with Viking trying to get a chair and then a refund. Took months. Curry's in store are very expensive.

To be honest Amazon is just easier and quicker and refunds are mostly far easier.
I bought an office chair from Viking about 5 yrs ago. It was a fake leather one. It was well priced and arrived promptly. Its still in good nick today bearing in mind I use it 9-5, Mon-Fri.

Maybe I'm not working hard enough..

Moved from the Irish makers and retailers forum, neither of these are Irish companies / makers.

Now I've never been a fan of the UK electrical retailers over here but price wise, they are starting to take the mickey

A 2 pack (B&W and Colour) cartridges for a HP printer are €59.99 in Currys. Same cartridges are €39.99 online from Viking Direct. I got free delivery from Viking for orders over €50 as well
Have you tried Mr Price?

We get all out ink cartridges there - some good value to be had

Back