Views wanted on problem regarding qualification on title.

Burkee504

I am in the closing stages of my house purchase and there is one problem with regard to a front porch that would not be classed as an exempted development. It is 1.8m x 1.8m which is slightly over the exempted threshold. My solicitor is getting an engineer to check it out and might have to register it to the bank as a title qualification. It was built approximately 25 years ago and there has been no objections made etc. If my solicitor was to register it would it effect my loan?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Burkee504, welcome to AAM. Please edit your thread title to make it meaningful. This will help you get a better response.

Are current owners in the property over 7 years? If so then can sign a declaration to avail of 7 year rule.
Alternatively, get second opiniom from an engineer to see if they consider the development exempt.

Are current owners in the property over 7 years? If so then can sign a declaration to avail of 7 year rule.
Alternatively, get second opiniom from an engineer to see if they consider the development exempt.
The 7 year rule only means direct enforcement action isn't possible, it doesn't make it compliant.

The 7 year rule only means direct enforcement action isn't possible, it doesn't make it compliant.
Yes, but the lender may be satisfied with that information and agree to lend. Might be the most straightforward approach.

Back