Health Insurance VHI Renewal / VHI PMI 35 13

dovetail

Hello AAM! I am currently on VHI Company Plan Starter, premium €784 total per year. My employer is allowing me to increase cover to a VHI plan that includes private 3 hospitals, with a budget for premium circa €1,400 total per year. VHI have recommended PMI 35 13 to me (€1,366).

Question: is there anybody out there who is familiar with the plethora of VHI plans, and who would know if there is a VHI plan that has more cover than PMI 35 13 but within the €1,400 budget? or a plan with similar cover to PMI 35 13 but at a lower price?

Side note: I am sticking with VHI for now and not considering other providers as I might need to switch to VHI International once international travel resumes.

Thanks in advance for any information :)

Hello AAM! I am currently on VHI Company Plan Starter, premium €784 total per year. My employer is allowing me to increase cover to a VHI plan that includes private 3 hospitals, with a budget for premium circa €1,400 total per year. VHI have recommended PMI 35 13 to me (€1,366).

Question: is there anybody out there who is familiar with the plethora of VHI plans, and who would know if there is a VHI plan that has more cover than PMI 35 13 but within the €1,400 budget? or a plan with similar cover to PMI 35 13 but at a lower price?

Side note: I am sticking with VHI for now and not considering other providers as I might need to switch to VHI International once international travel resumes.

Thanks in advance sfor any information :)
Hiya . I had been on the Teachers plan but then it got more expensive and i had asked vhi could they reccommend any plan of similiar status and they reccommended pmi 35 13 it covers quite a bit on it and i find it quite a good plan but like you i would love to know is there another plan something similiar to this and cheaper also . im not the only one so it seems that is asking this question

You can compare plans using the health insurance authority (hia.ie) comparison tool. I found it very useful in comparing plans.

We have PMI0710 which we have found to have good cover and not too expensive. Try comparing it on price and cover on the hia.ie site.

Make sure to bear the Upgrade Rule in mind after you have increased your cover.

Very little difference in premium but a few differences in the Outpatient Benefits. The overall limit on amount that you can claim seems to be quite different

Outpatient Policy Limit​

This is the maximum amount you can claim on your policy for out-patient benefits per year

€1,000 PMI 0710

€3,200 PMI 3513

============================================================================================

Worth your while to spend some time checking through the policies.

thank-you Sue Ellen! I hadn't considered the upgrade rule, thanks for pointing that out! And will do the comparison, and compare the benefits and cover more closely :)

Back