VHI VHI renewal alternative to Health plus Access

RedOnion

Frequent Poster
I'm hoping someone can give me advice here for a family member.

Retired couple, renewal due 1st January.

They've been on Health Plus Access (or its equivalent) a number of years as used to be paid for by work, but it now very expensive.

They don't want any restrictions on hospitals, but happy with an excess / small shortfall on nightly rates.

To give an idea, he has had cardiac problems, and she has had a knee replacement, so they've used their insurance at least once a year for past few.

Both now have medical card, so no need for GP visit cover.

Any recommendations / pointers while I'm researching the HIA site for them?

Thanks,
Red.

RedOnion,

The following plans with VHI have similar cover to HealthPlus Access(old Plan B), with an excess of 75 or 125 only payable on admission or
for a day case procedure.

1. VHI HealthPlus Excess; price 1825pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered as before, excess 75 per admission or per day case.
2. VHI Health Access; price 1684pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered as before, excess 125 per admission or per day case.
3. Laya Simplicity; price 1191pa; all public, private(including private room) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 100 x 2 max per year for admissions and 50 excess per day case procedure.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks a million @snowyb

I'll start a comparison of those options and see if there are any specific questions that I need to clear up.