VHI policy lapsed

A

aj

I have trouble with my knee - have had it scanned in public hospital refered by doctor but nothing showed up but there is definitely something up with it

i had a policy with vhi 4 yrs up to 3 yrs ago when my now ex husband cancelled our policy

a couple of people have said to me that i can bring my policy up to date by paying the 3 yrs and wait the 6 months to have knee looked into properly

trouble is i have an apointment in mater private within 3 weeks, i am tempted to cancel (this apointment is only connected with my temporary rented address and i was refered by a physiotherapist in dublin .. who is quite confident there iwill be surgery involved ) and take the advice of bringing policy up to date

i cannot even imagine how much surgery and possibly a weeks stay in the mater of all places could cost even availing of relief tax at 42%

very stressed, under pressure financially as it is ! :(

have you considered asking your GP to refer you to a consultant as a public patient? there may be a waiting list but may not be as long as you think...

knee public

cant afford to wait, as my work would be hampered by not being entirely physically sound plus the wear and tear element of leaving it possibly years doesnt bear thinking about

Re: knee public

Check with VHI - There is a delay of 5 years before pre-existin illnesses are covered for new policyholders - They will tell you how lasped/restored policyholders are affected. You might find that the costs of paying for 3-4 years cover exceeds the costs of your knee procedure, so it might be better to simply pay for the costs of the procedure yourself.

Re: knee public

There was a report a few months back saying that only the Dublin consultants were booked years (instead of months) in advance. Maybe you could try for a public appointment in a country hospital?

Sluice

Back