Health Insurance VHI PMI 42 15 or ?

Vourneen

Just wondering if we should stay on this plan or if there is another plan that would offer us similar or better cover and cost less? We are a couple in our mid sixties, I have stage iv cancer and my husband has problems with his knees (he's hoping to avoid knee replacement surgery). I like the option of being able to upgrade to a private room for not too much extra should the need arise and also the low excess for outpatient claims. I would appreciate any advice.

Hi Vourneen,

The following 2 VHI plans have similar hospital cover as before and are cheaper in price. PMI 38 14 has extra consultant refund of 130 per visit, while PMI 01 10 has slightly lower day to day cover but a lower premium.

1. VHI PMI 38 14; price 1661pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, no excess for inpatient or day case visits in private or hi-tech
hospitals, similar day to day as before with 130 refund per consultant visit etc.

2. VHI PMI 01 10; price 1588; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, no excess for inpatient or day case visits in private/hi-tech
hospitals, slightly lower day to day benefits 70 refund per consultant visit, 35 gp refund etc.

[broken link removed]

Note; all 3 plans including your current plan PMI 42 15, have 80% orthopaedic cover for hip and knee replacement surgery, in private and hi-tech
hospitals. This means that there is a shortfall of 20% to pay for this type of surgery. This shortfall could be 2-3k per surgery. However, the
hi-tech hospital Blackrock Clinic, do not charge the patient for this shortfall amount. This information may be useful if your husband needs knee
replacement surgery in the future.

Regards, Snowyb

Back