VHI VHI Plan E Health Insurance renewal 2018

Neworld17

My VHI Plan E health insurance is due for renewal this month with the 2018 premium to be €5k+. I would welcome any suggestions or details of any other plans that could give me similar cover for less cost. I have been looking at the HIA site but really find it all quite confusing as I am sure it is intended. I am recently retired and a widower with all my children having left home and fortunate to be in pretty good shape at the moment. I have been on VHI Plan E for about 40 years with I think only 1/2 very minor outpatient claims during that period. My wish is to provide for good private health care in the event I should have any cancer, heart or other major health scare in the future. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Neworld17,

Welcome to AAM.
The following VHI alternative options will tick all the boxes;
1. Plan D (Healthplus Premium); price 3514pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Good day to day cover included the first 100
not allowed.

2. PMI 34 13; price 4253pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Very good day to day cover on this plan including a 1 euro excess.
NOTE; Blackrock Clinic do not have shared wards any more so there are single private rooms throughout as standard.
[broken link removed]

The following Laya Healthcare plan is worth considering;
1. Empower Create(No Excess); price 4053pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Good day to day cover on this plan with a
1 euro excess.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back