Health Insurance VHI company plan extra level 3 renewal

pumba

Hi all, just looking for some advice. I received a letter from VHI saying my current plan Company Plan Extra level 3 has been removed and offering me as a previous poster mentioned the more expensive alternative of Company Plan Extra level 2. From reading through the posts over the last few months I'm veering towards laya simplicity or laya simplicity complete although I'm not sure has it gone up in price since Jan. My 18 month old's policy with VHI is up for renewal on the same date. I don't even know what policy he is on aside from that I picked it because it was half price at the time and provided him with some level of private cover. I'm not sure what to do for him as I just want some level of private cover e.g for grommets etc. if needed. I'm a healthy 35 y old female no health concerns.

Hi pumba,

The following plans are worth considering for yourself;
1. Simplicity Plan; price 1087pa; public,private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess max 100 x 2 per year, day to day cover included - first 100 not allowed.
2. Simply Connect; price 1063pa; public,private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess 150 x 2 max per year, day to day cover included, max refund 300 per year.
3. Simply Connect Plus; price 1169pa; public,private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess 150 x 1 max per year, day to day cover included, max refund 500 per year.
4. VHI PMI 35 13; price 1238pa; public,private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess 100 per private visit, day to day cover included.
[broken link removed]

Child Options
VHI have half price offers for children at the moment, best 2 options as follows;
1. One Plan Family; price 138 per child, public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess 125. No day to day. Children under 6 yrs have free GP visits.
2. Parents and Kids Excess; price 143 per child, public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, excess 75. No day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

VHI allow children to be on a policy without an adult. The adult is named on the policy, but just the child is covered.

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb, thanks a million for your detailed reply. I jumped the gun and based on your advice in previous posts went with Laya Simplicity for myself and One Plan Family for my son with me as guardian on the policy. Very happy as saving nearly 400 euro between the two with no loss of cover. Really appreciate your advice which is so clear and helpful when navigating the maze of insurance policies! Thanks again.

Back