Wrong forum Vegas LA Cal next May TA's want 50% now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Looking at booking this for next year

about 14 or 15 days total start in vegas then drive up to a few places and end in LA.

Expected to be able to book now almost 1 year in advance.

Pay maybe 200 to 300 deposit then plenty of time to put off most of it over the next several months.

3 TA's are looking for flights up front so 800 out of about 1700ish total.

Not seeing the advantage to me of booking so far in advance..
Is this the norm now?

Hey Frank, what happens if they book it for you now and pay for it and then you pull out. They out money. No business is going to do that anymore in these times.

I would have thought that as they are booking so many flights with different airlines they would a lot more leway than joe public

Seems to give very little advantage to booking way early.

I suspect they just want to get cash in early to boost the books and the airline will not be payed straight away

Such cynacism in my old age.

This is actually putting of some of my frineds that are keen to go but don't have that jind of money straight away.

Looks like we will be better to save for 6 months then most likely get the same options for the same price.

Frank, when it comes to booking it you should also consider booking it yourself on the net. Flights, hotels, car hire and the likes. You can compare then with what the travel agent is quoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back