Vax floor cleaner

Broadcaster

Hi,
I wonder if anyone else has this problem. Bought a Vax floor cleaner about 3 years ago and only used it a few times. I've now found that the on/off switch has come loose and I can't seem to get it to work again. Contacted Vax to perhaps get a new part but they tell me they don't sell these individually!! Stuck now with an almost new Vax that doesn't work only due to the on/off switch coming loose. Just wonder if anyone else experience this and maybe got it fixed?

Who did you buy it from? Do you have a receipt / other proof of purchase? Your consumer rights in Ireland protect you for up to 6 years for these goods.

Hi both. I did contact another company "spareparts" and no luck with them. Bought the machine online from one of the companies like Pigsback (not 100% sure which one) but it is already out of warranty as it's over 2 years old.

but it is already out of warranty as it's over 2 years old.

Any warranty is in addition to your consumer rights as highlighted by @mathepac. But if you can't remember where you bought it then you have a challenge. Do you have bank statements from the time that might show where you bought it?

It's probably a very easy fix for an appliance repair service.

Back