VAT on Invoice to UK / Northern Ireland

myqwerty2023

Hello All,

I hope everyone is well. I have a query regarding the application of VAT on services invoiced to clients in the UK and Northern Ireland. Given the recent changes with Brexit in trade laws and regulations, I am seeking clarity on the correct VAT treatment for such invoices.

Can anyone here provide insight or direct me to the relevant resources or guidelines on this matter? Specifically, I am interested in understanding if there are any exemptions, different rates, or special considerations that I need to be aware of when invoicing clients in these regions.

I will be invoicing businesses from my Limited company, the service will be software sales and consultancy.

Thank you in advance

If your Ltd Company is registered for Vat then it should simply be a matter of Invoicing a UK customer without Vat as long as you include on your invoice the customers valid UK Vat No.

Hi Frivolous,

We are VAT registered. We will make sure to invoice our UK customers without VAT and include their valid UK VAT numbers on the invoices, as suggested.

Thank you very much for the response.

Back