VAT Number to Suppliers

taz

Quick question my boyfriend is VAT registered though only recently, does he pay VAT on all his supplier from say the plumbing stoe and then claim back the VAT using VAT3 Form or does he give them his VAT number and not pay the VAT its just you hear people saying just quote your VAT number and you dont pay it.

Thanks
Taz

Quick question my boyfriend is VAT registered though only recently, does he pay VAT on all his supplier from say the plumbing stoe and then claim back the VAT using VAT3 Form or does he give them his VAT number and not pay the VAT its just you hear people saying just quote your VAT number and you dont pay it.

Thanks
Taz

He should really take professional advice if he's that unclear about what to do.

Essentially he charges VAT on his services...this is then recorded on the VAT3 form along with the total VAT on all purchases pertaining to the business. This results in a payment to the Revenue or a payment from the Revenue.

Quick question my boyfriend is VAT registered though only recently, does he pay VAT on all his supplier from say the plumbing stoe and then claim back the VAT using VAT3

yes, of course he is also sussposed to show the vat he charged customers and pay that

Form or does he give them his VAT number and not pay the VAT its just you hear people saying just quote your VAT number and you dont pay it.

Thanks
Taz

no, if it was possible we'd all be at it

he give them his VAT number and not pay the VAT its just you hear people saying just quote your VAT number and you dont pay it.

Thanks
Taz

This only applies if importing material from abroad .
You give your UK supplier your Irish vat number and you are only charged the net price.

Back