Valuation Report - Who will cover the cost?

househunter0

Hi All

I need to get a valuation report done on my new house before the next stage payment is released by the bank. I contacted my mortgage broker about this and they said they will organise it for a fee of €130. I have seen a number of threads from people who said their bank covered this cost, however, I'm wondering in my situation whether I should contact the bank or my mortgage broker?

Advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks..

I had my lendor waive the valuation fee and they did. If I hadnt asked it would have cost me the €130.

As part of their mortgage package 'incentives' most lendors now offer the valuation free of charge... If there is such a thing with a bank!!

Thanks for your help guys. Unfortunately they say they cannot waive the fee because I do not have a U-First account and it says on my loan offer that I will have to pay the fee. The nightmare of my mortgage broker is coming back to haunt me!!

If it states it explicitly on the loan offer that you must pay the valuation fee, then why is it the brokers fault? Did they previously promise to pay for it?

The broker promised me the sun, moon & stars NorfBank. As a result of a really bad experience with the broker, I'm not sure that I came out with the best deal on my mortage in the end but I was (and still am) just relieved that I managed to get it sorted at all before I lost the house.

A valuer appointed by the bank will carry out the valuation now. We will get an engineer in when the house is completed and before everything is signed off.

Back