vaccine distribution in what order etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnwilliams

in what order is the vaccine being distributed ,also how does it work ,does hse write to you ?do you have to go on line first and register on some site ? them hse contact you write/phone /email?

In terms of timelines (please discuss on separate thread)...

Taoiseach Micheál Martin has said up to 135,000 people will be vaccinated with two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine by the end of February.
"By the end of February we will have 135,000 people vaccinated with two doses. And that's about 75,000 people in long-term care facilities, both residents and staff, and up to about 60,000 frontline healthcare workers. This relates to the supplies that we can be assured of from Pfizer/BioNtech."

sorry guys your replies have confused me
concerns my parents i want to know will hse write to them ,they are not on internet (never understood it) also number of fake phone calls on rise seeking personnel info for registration .
do they have to register on some official site (where is it? ) or does hse have contact info already ,hate to think that they will be bypassed because they were not registered somewhere

It hasnt been explained yet afaik re the signup process for over 70s and 80s... whether you self register or it is handled by your gp

It hasnt been explained yet afaik re the signup process for over 70s and 80s... whether you self register or it is handled by your gp
I know my mother in law is getting vaccinated on the 21st but don't know how my wife and sister in law were informed, I'll ask them and report back.

OK in our situation the care home notified my sister in law and told her when the vaccine was to be administered, all paperwork followed again to sister in law , consent and information so its done, I don't know was it by email or physical forms.

Just a note, we have 3 large care homes in our area, and a community building where the other non care home elderly will be vaccinated.

Vaccinations are being carried out all next week.

Hope this helps to reduce a bit of anxiety, it is happening.

Just remembered one of our local councillors announced the dates also a few weeks ago on social media, maybe thats another avenue people could explore and try and get an idea.

Have to say its crossed my mind too, as at 70+ I am wondering who and how will I be offered it. If its via my GP that’s fine, if its not, how do I know if I’m on any sort of register/list to be called upon? I had hoped to see something more informative than “We will contact you” on Gov. information pages.

I am in the same group as robd10. Judging by the speed they are vaccinating GPS, it looks likely our group will be vaccinated by them probably with the AstraZeneca vaccine. This vaccine has an efficacy of 62% as against 95% for Pfizer and Moderna. While I am happy to be vaccinated, I hope that the HSE might give serious consideration to vaccinating vulnerable groups with the most efficient vaccine or at least giving us a choice.

Last edited:
I am in the same group as robd10. Judging by the speed they are vaccinating GPS, it looks likely our group will be vaccinated by them probably with the AstraZeneca vaccine. This vaccine has an efficiency of 62% as against 95% for Pfizer and Moderna. While I am happy to be vaccinated, I hope that the HSE might give serious consideration to vaccinating vulnerable groups with the most efficient vaccine or at least giving us a choice.
Valery, both vaccines are over 90% effective once both doses are administered. The UK has begun to delay the second dose of Pfizer to 12 weeks like Astrazeneca, despite it not tested by Pfizer at this gap .

Once you get the initial dose you should get a 50%plus immunity after two weeks( your immune system will dictate this , it might be higher)Ireland is considering pushing out the second dose by a week to 28days I believe.

But the main point is that you will get 2 doses and they should get you to 90% immune.

You will still need to wear a mask and carry out good hygiene practice even after getting the first dose as a precaution.

Last edited:
Yes there is confusion. Half dose followed by full dose appeared to give greater protection.
“A Reuters investigation, however, found that the existence of the low-dose/standard-dose arm was the result of a potency miscalculation by Oxford researchers, casting doubt on the robustness of the result.”
In the UK, 2 full doses are being administered

0f participants in the trial who received the vaccine, 90.4% were < 65. Hardly a great test of efficacy in the older group.

unfortunately, I feel that ease of use and cost is influencing the purchase of this vaccine
and as I said above, I would like to have a choice.

Two people aged 70 living together with different doctors. I am not sure how or who will be contacting each person and whether they both get the vaccine at the same time?

Globally it's all the rich white people first. Then everyone else.
Wrong again, Purple. If you're a family member of somebody working in two major Dublin hospitals you're on the list before the rich.

Wrong again, Purple. If you're a family member of somebody working in two major Dublin hospitals you're on the list before the rich.
Not at all. It's just a further subset of the rich.
By global standards, Irish people are rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back