Vaccine cert has maiden name..

1eyeonthefuture

Hi
If the covid vaccine cert has a maiden name noted but the passport is in the married name will there be an issue when travelling?
Thanks

Last edited:
1. No prob. with maiden name.
2. Depending on where you are travelling complete the online Passenger Locator Form as soon as you can and don't leave it to the last minute (bit of work if it is Spain to which you're travelling)

I have the same issue. All my personal documents in maiden name, bank, driver's licence, pps etc. But for some reason I put married name on passport. You can apply to have it updated at https://covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/ . It says it can take 5 working days. I hope it won't take that long as I will need it. I will try phoning the helpline if I haven't received it at the end of the week. Thought it would be safer to have the exact match to passport. I no longer have my maiden name noted on my passport though.

Same issue here. I put in a request for update on Sunday. Nothing received yet. I've booked in for PCR test tomorrow as travelling Saturday. Don't want to be stressed about it.

I've decided the same thing tiv. Nothing received yet even though I put the request in early on Monday morning. Travelling on Tuesday 10th so will book an antigen test on Monday. For €35 at least it will be peace of mind. I will bring everything with me anyway covid cert/marriage cert/driver's licence passport. Hopefully I will have received it in time for the return trip.

I've decided the same thing tiv. Nothing received yet even though I put the request in early on Monday morning. Travelling on Tuesday 10th so will book an antigen test on Monday. For €35 at least it will be peace of mind. I will bring everything with me anyway covid cert/marriage cert/driver's licence passport. Hopefully I will have received it in time for the return trip.
I have my request for update in since Sunday morning. 5 working days was up today and no sign of it. I had antigen test done today and received result within an hour. Travelling tomorrow (finally) :)

Know someone who completely form online for name change on Wednesday. Updated cert emailed today, Saturday.

Happy to report I received mine early this morning so well within the 5 working days quoted when I applied.

Back