Vacant Property Grant quotation

Roro999

If applying for this grant does the accompanying quotation for the works have to be from a registered builder ? Secondly, can the works be carried by direct labour ?

Now I'm no expert and not applying for the grant but a family member is and they don't 'do' facebook so I have joined the Vacant Property Grant fb page to inform myself, wealth of info there if you are a user of FB as all sorts of questions are asked. Anyways I have read a lot on there and apparently you can include even your own estimate of the works but when it comes to claim all invoices must be from builders that can provide a tax clearance cert, same applies with the direct labour you'll have to have proper invoices from registered trades and invoices for the materials. If you are doing work yourself personally you can claim for the materials but not your labour.

Anyway that is just my recollection of what I have read there, don't take it as gospel! That said apparently if you just ring the local council dept administering it they are good with answering queries and while it should be straighforward to fill a form my relative made two mistakes and they would be very competent with stuff like that.

If I buy a small house that's vacant can any part of the 50k grant be spent on an extension or is it only applicable to the existing structure ?

Back