Using my own handset and laptop for work?

paddyd

hi folks,
I am a co-founder and paye employee of a tech start-up.
We use our personal laptops and handsets for work, purely for cash flow reasons to get the business going.

as we’re not in a position just yet to buy 2-3 powerful laptops @ ~2€k each, I’m wondering if there’s a monthly/annual allowance for continuing to use our hardware?

None of us have the original receipts for the handsets or laptops.

We’re aware of all the usual allowances for home offices - utility bills etc.

Thanks

Last edited:
As a co-founder, you're an employee? You're using your own money (your own equipment (powerful laptops)) to subsidise the other co-founder.

Sounds like she's doing well for herself.

(And no, no reliefs. You're essentially working for less than market-value; but you may hit gold and get shares etc. What are your chances when she can't afford laptops)

As a co-founder, you're an employee? You're using your own money (your own equipment (powerful laptops)) to subsidise the other co-founder.

Sounds like she's doing well for herself.

(And no, no reliefs. You're essentially working for less than market-value; but you may hit gold and get shares etc. What are your chances when she can't afford laptops)

there's no 'she', it was typo above, now corrected. anyhow - the question was a simple one - if someone uses their own computer for work reasons, is there an allowance that can be claimed, or as an expense?

Last edited:
Back