Key Post Useful information for anyone whose Ulster tracker was sold to AIB

ekuleo

I have copied this from another thread as it may be useful to others - Brendan Burgess

FYI for anyone wondering it seems:

- you can overpay manually with AIB in similar way to Ulster Bank - send money to an AIB account instead with your Acc ID as reference
- The have no accounts added online yet so you cant access your info like you could with Ulster Bank - but they are working on it
- If you bank with them daily and pay mortgage from AIB Current Acc there are no maintenance or transaction fees (this was news to me)

Thanks

ekuleo

Last edited by a moderator:
- If you bank with them daily and pay mortgage from AIB Current Acc there are no maintenance or transaction fees (this was news to me)

Obviously, if you already had an AIB current account, you should make sure that they link it to your mortgage and give you free fees.

But what if you have a BoI or ptsb current account. Should you switch to AIB?

It does not cost you anything to open an AIB current account and pay your mortgage from it. See if you are happy with the facilities of the AIB account. And if you are, you could move all transactions from your other account.

I have been a long time AIB current account customer and find it superior to BoI and Ulster Bank. But others have arrived at the very opposite opinion that AIB's online offering is rubbish. I suspect it's whichever one you are more familiar with or whichever one you started with is best. I mainly use it from my desktop so another bank's mobile banking may well be better.

Brendan

Back