US Visa

P

Peanut

Hi there,

Has anyone had to apply to the US Embassy in Dublin for a non-immigrant holiday visa?

I'm an Irish citizen but I need a visa to travel to the US...long story about overstaying a holiday visa. I have been trying to contact the embassy on their premium rate phone line...€2.40 per minute. Needless to say this hasn't worked. This is the only way that you can make an appointment for an interview with an immigration officer.

Has anyone used this number successfully? Does it actually work?

Thanks for that Clubman but its not really what I need. I just need a holiday visa but actually getting through to the embassy is a nightmare.

.. I had to phone them from the U.S. and I did get through ( I think the was a one time fee of over 20 euro ) .. I ended up talking to a scottish girl based in a German call centre : ) Previously though it was impossible to even phone from outside of Ireland and I had to impinge on relatives to constantly call for me to arrange 'interview'. You mentioned something about overstaying a visa - if this is the case you could have a 5 or 10 year ban against you entering the U.S. - you may want to talk to someone in immigration. There's an Irish immigration centre in boston that you can email - their website is : www.iicenter.org/ .. there's also some place in Dublin but I forget the title - found the place above move more helpful anyhow.. Good luck with the visa !

Thanks for that, I'll check it out. It sounds like I may just have to keep trying that number. I have been in the country since I over-stayed and I needed to get a temporary visa for that and I will have to for any future trips...hence the interview. Thanks again.

How to schedule an appointment

The US embassy has the info online here

[broken link removed]

Next to the premium number you can dial 01-436-0536 and pay Euro 16.00 by Visa or Mastercard.

There is no other way than doing it via either per minute or flat rate.

Back