upc & SKY Sports

TarfHead

I'm a upc customer (Digital Max package) and sometimes shell out for SKY Sports to be added to my channel line-up when there's something worth having it for, like the upcoming ERC semi-finals, final & Ireland's matches in New Zealand. When I'done with them, I phone up to get them removed.

I phoned yesterday to get the channels in time for the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to be told that the first 2 months will be at half the normal rate (normal rate is €33.54 per month).

Two for the price of one ;) !

Didnt realize you could opt in /out !
Must check as ive sky all the time with UPC and some months theres nothing i want see.
Have signed up for year but thats nearly up now.

Didnt realize you could opt in /out !
Must check as ive sky all the time with UPC and some months theres nothing i want see.
Have signed up for year but thats nearly up now.

In my experience ..
- minimum period is one month. If you cancel one week into the second month, they refund you the difference (if they've already charged for the second month).
- there's normally a disconnect fee of €10 or €15, but I was told this week that that's only charged for cancellations after two months.

That assumes UPC get the billing right, something they seem to struggle with in my experience.

In my experience ..
- minimum period is one month. If you cancel one week into the second month, they refund you the difference (if they've already charged for the second month).
- there's normally a disconnect fee of €10 or €15, but I was told this week that that's only charged for cancellations after two months.

interesting....I thought (was told maybe by them when I signed up) that when you cancelled, there was a 1 month fee charge for doing so
might ditch it so for the summer

Back