Unregistered Judgement

irishmajor

Hi there,

First post, not even sure if this is the right section but I have two queries:
1. How would one go about finding an unregistered judgement against a deceased person?
2. What would happen the estate if there was an unregistered judgement against a deceased person?

The person with the judgement is a creditor and the Executor must pay the creditors before paying the beneficiaries.

Brendan

The person with the judgement is a creditor and the Executor must pay the creditors before paying the beneficiaries.

Brendan
That's not the query.

The issue is, we do not know if there is a judgement (unregistered), there is no registered judgement but we were lead to believe there was one. So now we are trying to search for an unregistered judgement. It would be going back about 7 years too.

2. What would happen the estate if there was an unregistered judgement against a deceased person?

That was the question I was answering.

There doesn't have to be a judgement for him to have a creditor. Do you know if he owed money to someone 7 years ago and did not pay it? If so, then you should contact the creditor and pay it now.

Brendan

That was the question I was answering.

There doesn't have to be a judgement for him to have a creditor. Do you know if he owed money to someone 7 years ago and did not pay it? If so, then you should contact the creditor and pay it now.

Brendan

I'll do that immediately

If the debt is 7 years old and the creditor has not registered it then it is no longer owed as far as I know.

Back