Wrong forum Unfair dismissal? Abuse in work? Next step?

maxol

Hi any advice would be great!

A few weeks back there was an incident in my workplace. Was working with a non national. My colleague was in another room. A supervisor later appeared and tried to sneak in on my colleague while indicating to me I should stay quiet. I said quite loudly 'don't try make me complicit'. He continued on to the room with my colleague and a very vociferous argument ensued. My only inputwas to tell both parties to calm down. The supervisor
Made a statement to me about having had issues with my colleague in the past.

When he left my colleague was upset and explained he'd been abused by this supervisor before, racially. Other staff membersof non national status have made similar claims.

Anyways I was then asked to attend a meeting in head office, on my own freetime, so they could hear all sides even thoughthe incident did not directly involve me. I went along, stated everything exactly as it happened and all was grand!

A week later I got a call asking would I attend again, inmyown free time, as the issue was unresolved between the 2 parties. I went along.

The tone was totally different and firstly I was interviewed in privatethen my colleague. We were then interviewed together and without pause the interviewr said let's take 5 mins while yu consider your stories. I said I don't. Red anytime my story is the brief accurate description if what I witnessed that night. The interviewer responded by saying, you are both liars!! I was outraged and stood up to leave. I said how dare you call me a liar. I was told to sit down and I refused. I indicated that if this issue was to continue I wanted 3rd party arbitration and was told in no uncertain terms that would not happen so I left the room and went home (I was in my own free time)

I called later to get my schedule and was told that I had been summarily dismissed and can expect a letter in the post! Needless to say I was shocked.

I have looked and it would appear that since my request fir neutral mediation/arbitration has been rejected that my next recourse should be to a rights commissioner? Is this what you would recommend?

I should mention I'm a shift worker and the person working with me at any given time is a relative stranger so it's not like it's 2 friends defending each other or anything I simply told the incident as it occured.

What can I do?

Thank you.

Back