Motor unemployed will this make any difference to my insurance premium

k123456

I am renewing car insurance. I normally work as an IT support contractor, but am between contracts at moment, so am currently unemployed.

being currently unemployed will this make any difference to my insurance premium

I am renewing car insurance. I normally work as an IT support contractor, but am between contracts at moment, so am currently unemployed.

being currently unemployed will this make any difference to my insurance premium

I've worked in motor insurance and I can confirm unemployment makes no difference to premium in at least one of the countries motor insurers. In the overall market, I see absolutely no reason why unemployment would effect premium.

Some insurers won't quote for a person who is unemployed or it may have to be referred to an underwriter but generally it shouldn't be a problem.

It can make a difference in some Ins companies. The reason they give is if your unemployed you are likely to be using your car more, ie during the day when an employed person would usually be at work.

it does make a difference. friend of mine was refused insurance when he became unemployed. you need to try as many insurers as possible. try www.easyquote.ie - there is a list of 10+ insurers that quote so one of them is bound to, not have a problem with unemployed. given that the unemployed account for almost 15% of the population - insurers will have to change their attitude to this.

Back