Ulster 'free' banking

Ravima

I was looking for o/d. Got forms in post, but noted that there is a €50 fee for the o/d. Is this 'negotiable'?

I'd say pretty much everything is negotiable. €50 sounds a little high-AIB is around half that I'd say (I am an AIB customer).

just noticed from another post, that according to IFSRA, UB charge NIL fee for o/d facility set up and renewal. Must phone them on Tuesday and will report here thereafter.

Good spot,

They are supposed to advise the IFSRA of any changes in fee structure & failure to do so can result in a serious fine me thinks !

Regards

G>
ps - watch out for their UFirst account. While they recently announced a move towards free current account banking, I think it excluded UFirst accounts (which would be the account most Ulster Bank mortgage holders have, to get the 0.10% reduction in their mortgage rate)

Ravima said:
just noticed from another post, that according to IFSRA, UB charge NIL fee for o/d facility set up and renewal. Must phone them on Tuesday and will report here thereafter.

This only applies to overdrafts up to €300.

UPDATE:

Phoned branch today and was told that the fee should be higher! That they had reduced it to €50 given my good history. I mentioned that NIB had been canvassing business and if I consider U First fee, CCard fee and this O/D fee, then UB are far far more expensive than UB.

Almost instantly, fee was reduced to €25. I said to keep it on hold for a week or two that I can consider the matter further.

Wonder if they will phone me again to agree a NIL fee??

To reinforce my contention that they were abolished, along with the application/offer letter, I have returned a press release from UB and teh IFSRA report, both of which state that applicaton fees are abolished.

Back