Ulster Bank System Down

johnnybegood

Just to let people know. The whole Ulster Bank System in the Republic of Irleand is down since yesterday morning.

I have been trying to take a eurodraft out of my account since yesterday but as the system is not working there is nothing i can. I was told yesterday morning that the the system would be back up at 2 o'clock that day. 2 o'clock past and no system, was then told first thing in the mornign things should be ok. Again no joy and now they are telling me it will be this afternoon (but they were not able to give me a definite answer)

ITS A SHAMBLES.... An organisation the size of UB should not be encountering problems like this. Im stuck in a position whereby i have to pay for a car but have no access to the money and i have the car dealer on to me.

WHAT A JOKE!!! :mad:

This seems a bit crazy - surely they have a manual back up system.

From my days in retail banking (even though it was in the last century) we used get a daily microfiche copy of all account balances so if the systems did go down you could manually check the previous nights balance and customers credit rating and then allow withdrawals based on that information.

Have you tried escalating with someone in your branch ?

Can you write an ordinary cheque for the dealer ?

Don' have a cheque book, i get by using my laser card and credit card.

The draft is for circa €12,000 so using the balance of the night before would probably not be wise... i could travel around different UB and take the cash from them.

Although i was told that the withdrawal is cleared with your holding branch first.

Anyway long story short... have tried my holding branch and another few branches and they all say have to wait until the system is up and running.

Great way to make people save though... Just don'e let them access there money... :p

Thought at least it would be in the news a large bank such as UB having major problems with their system must be costing them alot of lost profits!!

Heard this yesterday too, only because my boyfriend was trying to get loan statements printed for mortgage! Madness theres not even a mention of it on RTE news website or anything or (i just checked) Ulster Banks Irish website.

Back