Ulster Bank rebranding

murphaph

Interesting to see that the Ulster Bank webiste has been rebranded into BoS colours and logo.

i prefer the old logo. i wonder will natwest now change their logo too?

Alex.

murphaph said:
Interesting to see that the Ulster Bank webiste has been rebranded into BoS colours and logo.

The Royal Bank of Scotland are the parent company of UB - they are a different crowd to Bank of Scotland who are part of the HBOS group ,so named after Halifax and Bank of Scotland merged in 2001. Keep up at the back there murph :D and don't hesitate to contact me if you require additional useless information :)

Sorry Sir, I was lookin out the window too!

Today when I was on the website I noticed the left most side of the top banner has the old colour scheme peeping out. I know sfa about HTML but someone screwed up!

i wonder what bank of scotland will be like when they launch their current account, credit card and other products to the general public this month? it's nice to see a different high street bank coming soon. all they really seem to do at the moment for the general public is deposit accounts unless you are a business customer of course.

Alex.

Have BOS Ireland actually indicated exactly what kind of retail banking services they will be offering? I was under the impression that the former ESB shops would be mortgage shops as opposed to fully functional branches? Their site mentions "a number of personal banking prioducts".

at present they don't do current accounts for the general public, just business customers. no credit cards either. they are not the same as boi, ptsb, nib and so on at the present time. i rang them and was told that some bank of scotland branches are opening up this month. there is one coming to maynooth in time too. i look forward to using them the same way i can use any highstreet bank. they just seem a bit like acc bank and anglo irish bank right now. i can't wait to see that change. i might switch if they are offering something good such as free banking no matter how much you have in the account and so on. i guess the rest will come in time, ie... overdrafts, loyalty accounts, personal loans, car loans, instant access savings accounts with an atm card...

Alex.

Back