Ulster Bank fees - notification letter not received in May 2019.

Yoga Woga

My heckles are up. Ulster bank's current account fees changed from a flat rate of 4euro per month to 2 euro per month with various charges for using your card in shops, bank machine etc. The costs have now been detailed in a statement of fees - I had no idea of the change - had I kept 3000 in my current account - there would have been no fees - I could easily have transferred over that from my savings account - also with ulsterbank. I have asked for a refund (it's small change) but I'd rather it go to a deserving GoFund me account than ulsterbank. They are refusing me a refund saying they wrote to all their customers. I adamantly replied that the letter did not reach me - the branch asked me if the guy I spoke with yesterday in UB asked me if my address was correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have said refund me or have all my money ready on Monday morning - your terms and conditions say 24 hours notice for anything over 5K - so 10.30 mon please - she said it wouldn't be ready then...but...but..she said....I said if it's your terms and Cs re fees then the 'but' should apply - I want my money or to save us all a lot of hassle - a small refund s'il vous plait. She's gone off to check with her manager and cashier. I am like a BULL!

Looking for a recommendation for opening an account with another bank. savings and current account. Thanks!

Letters go missing in transit or to the wrong address on occasion. I wouldn't be getting so bothered over "small change". Also, bank staff make mistakes and are humans so you should treat them as such if at all possible. Acting like a "bull" over something so trivial is probably not great for the health.

Letters go missing in transit or to the wrong address on occasion. I wouldn't be getting so bothered over "small change". Also, bank staff make mistakes and are humans so you should treat them as such if at all possible. Acting like a "bull" over something so trivial is probably not great for the health.
I know, I'm calming down, but she was adamant I got the letter - as if I was a liar - I said I would have in less than 1 minute transferred 3K to the current account had I received and subsequently read the letter.

I might make a key post out of that. Or else I will just plagiarise it in future.

Brendan

Not having a go or anything but it was widely reported in the media that UB for changing their structure. I think I got notified by online banking now that I think of it rather than a physical letter.

Even with the €3000 sitting in your account, you have to pay the €2 per month. Go under the €3000 at all, and you get hit with all the charges.

myate: I have no issue with the 2 euro per month. refund being issued as the post did not make it's way to me and no online notification was sent and the 3+ can stay in there and no need for it to drop below. I must have missed the media on it - it wasn't in the papers on the days I bought them. and I don't watch TV. as for letters going missing - I can't see that standing up before a judge were it a more serious issue!

I keep over €3k in my Ulster Bank current account, I am over 66 and I also have a uFirst Gold account .........and they still managed to charge me a fee for a transaction that I did during the year.
They also have listed Medallion Stamp Duty as a fee on my notification letter. My understanding is that MSD is a tax on cheques rather than a fee.

myate: I have no issue with the 2 euro per month. refund being issued as the post did not make it's way to me and no online notification was sent and the 3+ can stay in there and no need for it to drop below. I must have missed the media on it - it wasn't in the papers on the days I bought them. and I don't watch TV. as for letters going missing - I can't see that standing up before a judge were it a more serious issue!

Thanks PolkaDot - I buy the indo the odd time - missed it back then, genuinely never read or heard about the changes, no letter or online alert or I would have been proactive.

Back