UK sim only provider pay as you go

Chewbacca

Not sure this is the right site for this one but anyway someone might know. Moved back to Ireland last year from UK and still paying monthly for my 02 monthly. Wanting to get a SIM only pay as you go deal. I hardly use the number but want to keep it for a bit longer. I know some of the UK SIM only deals are monthly and the cheapest one you have to top up £10 every 4 months or they disconnect you. Also after Brexit not sure if I receive a call will I get charged roaming now?

On roaming I think it varies and with O2 I don't believe they do, that's a secondary point to be honest but is more applicable if I get a SIM from a different provider.

I have an O2 UK PAYG SIM, with their 321 offer (3p pm call, 2p text, 1p per MB data). I have used it sparingly here in Ireland, mostly for texts to UK numbers and the odd data usage. I wasn't charged roaming rates. I must use it at least once every 6 months to keep the credit and number. I don't know if they are still offering the 321 deal.

I got the SIM in Newry a few years ago. I used to top up by buying credit in a shop in NI when visiting, I understand I can top up online too (haven't tried it yet).

Thanks for that reply very helpful. You can't get direct from O2 anymore but you can find on Ebay UK. I got one there so hopefully that will be the job.

Back