UK Import - Warranty

larry1

Just a quick post re a UK import I purchased in March 05. Bought a 2003 Audi A4 Avant with all the bits on it..superb car. Unfortunately I ran into a problem with the Multitronic gearbox in early Dec. Rang 4 Audi dealers in Dublin and was told 7/8 weeks before they could take it and it wouldn't be covered by warranty as its only 2 years in Ireland compared to 3 in the UK. Problem was electronic and was quoted approx €2k.

A friend then told me Audi dealers in Northern Ireland would cover warranty. Rang Issac Agnews in Belfast. They took the car three days later.. amazing customer service ( Coffee, Scones on arrival and after they checked if they could resolve problem there & then, they dropped me to the train station. ) They collected from station 1 week later and I drove back to Dublin in my fully valeted, fixed Audi all covered under warranty .. Will buy my next Audi in Issac Agnews .. me thinks!

Once again, someone else makes our sham operators look so unprofessional

Yes couldnt agree more as regards Agnews in Belfast. Went to the only dealer in the Republic (Dublin) for my car and was appalled at the service, lost my keys, had a row over whether my car was due a major or minor service. Swore I would not set foot in this dealerships again and subsequently travelled to Belfast for any servicing issues- girlfriend goes shopping and I received excellent service even though it is a 9 hour round trip for me, its still worth it to get things done properly!

Larry,

Could you give some more details about the trouble you have with the Multitronic. I have an 01 A4 2.0 SE Multitronic also purchase in UK and have no problem. Was yours a high milage car (mine has 28k). Did Agnew's give you a detail on what the problem/solution was. Is your a petrol or diesel. I have hear that it is vitally import to replace the ATF (auto transmission fliud )when servicing an A4 multitronic

Thanks.

They ECU and the gear selector switch went in the gearbox. ( no reason , just one of those unlucky things! ) I was having probs selecting reverse. Re fluid, thats the last thing the guy in Agnews said to me, makes sure to replace it every 25k. Great car though and all back as good as new now!

Thanks a lot Larry for the reply. Best of luck with the car. I must admit I think the multitronic transmission is excellent.

Back