UK Grant of Probate - recommendation for UK solicitor

David_Dublin

I'm acting as Executor for an estate and one shareholding exceeds the £20k limit beyond which they can't accept the Irish Grant of Representation (Probate), so I need to engage with a UK Solicitor to take out a UK Grant.

Anyone know how much I should expect to pay for this service? Any recommendations welcome via PM.

Thanks!

I'm acting as Executor for an estate and one shareholding exceeds the £20k limit beyond which they can't accept the Irish Grant of Representation (Probate), so I need to engage with a UK Solicitor to take out a UK Grant.

Anyone know how much I should expect to pay for this service? Any recommendations welcome via PM.

Thanks!
Just had to do a similar exercise for my Father's estate - he had a bank account in Northern Ireland. Engaged a Solicitor in Belfast and total probate costs were £2k and took 12 months to Feb 24. Not sure how that compares with other cases but is roughly what I was expecting.

Anyone happen to know what this entails for a situation like mine? As in, only one shareholding in the UK that is over the threshold, does this mean that is all that needs to be included in the probate?

Back