UFH and Solar

Hi Shane007,

What you are describing is exactly what I'm after!, have being trying to find info for months! I really would appreciate it of you could help with a piping schematic for 500 buffer and 300 DHW. Will the 500 be open vented for the stove?

I'm electrical so can get my head around the wiring, like you say, you just need to pre-empt all possibilities and include for them.

Would appreciate your help.

thanks

Hi mckbre, if you want to send me a pm with your email address, I can help you with a drawing.

There are some decent controls that can greatly improve the performance and the operational criteria of thermal stores. Resol do one that I have used in the past that has middle demands, i.e. goes to NC above a given temperature and goes NO over a higher set temperature, so you can call in demand at say 40C but off demand at 70C.

For open vented stove, depending on the stove "system" output, I would consider a heat exchanger system such as the Firebird and seal the rads side, but there are many options.

Hi,

I have a similar challenge I have just bought a house in the Algarve with lots of spare land adjacent to my garden. I would like to heat UFH, DHW, Pool and Hot Tub, I would like to look at the possibility of using thermal solar, I have no space restrictions for the panels and would assume I could use a air source heat pump as back up and supplementary heat. With 300 days a year of sunshine it seems very tempting.

Hi,

I have a similar challenge I have just bought a house in the Algarve with lots of spare land adjacent to my garden. I would like to heat UFH, DHW, Pool and Hot Tub, I would like to look at the possibility of using thermal solar, I have no space restrictions for the panels and would assume I could use a air source heat pump as back up and supplementary heat. With 300 days a year of sunshine it seems very tempting.
You may be better posting this on a Portuguese forum where others would be familiar with local legislation.

Back