UB Zinc Card - Time to Process (Approx)

InfoSeeker

I have just applied for a card and received notification requiring me to send various items of identification, wage slip, bank statements, etc.

I brought these to a nearby branch.

Assuming I am successful in my application, can anyone let me know roughly how long this takes? I have seen references in other threads to 3/4 weeks but this might be time from initial application rather than from handing in various id, etc.

I think I was the person that probably raised this on your other thread!!
I did the same as you as in bringing in id/bank statements etc to the local branch who told me they would forward it to the credit card processing centre - a time frame was not mentioned to me in the branch for the application to be approved. I then called the branch back after approx 2 weeks and they said that from the time the application is forwarded it takes approx 3-4 weeks for it to be approved.

I dont know the time frame involved for the card to then be issued though.

I'm not in a particularly mad hurry so havent chased it up but would be interested to know all the same if anyone knows different to the above!

some loans can now be approved in minutes. it would be nice if credit card applications were just as quick. maybe some day.

Just a word of advice for anyone applying for this :( Make sure your branch actually forward it to the new acounts section.

Have been onto Ulster Bank having left all the details in local branch with them and when I called to see after 3 weeks had expired whether it had been approved or not, it seems they lost all the details and never actually sent it to the new accounts section...so have to apply all over again!

Not particularly impressed so far and I know mistakes do happen but would apply elsewhere only Ulster bank are the only ones that offer 9 months balance transfer.

Have just popped my application in to an evelope.Any updates as to how long it will take? Also is it possible to post the documentation to them rather than calling in to a branch? i.e proof of address, payslip, copy of passport?

Judybaby73 said:
Have just popped my application in to an evelope.Any updates as to how long it will take? Also is it possible to post the documentation to them rather than calling in to a branch? i.e proof of address, payslip, copy of passport?

Just did this in the last couple of days.

Originally sent in the application about two weeks ago, eventually got a letter, with a form detailing what i had to send them, (ID, payslips, bank statements, proof of address). They gave me a P.O. Box No, FreePost address to send all docs to, along with the letter they sent.

This is the process, rather than going into a Branch (not convenient for me).

Hope this helps :)

That's funny. I applied late last year for a Zinc card and was never asked for a wage slip or bank statement. I think I just had to supply a utility bill to confirm address.

If they had asked for a wage slip I would not have been able to give them one! I was self employed at the time and earning less than the 30K required and had a lot more debt then than I do now. Basically I lied on the application form. But I comply with all their requirements now... so my conscience is clear :)

They are pretty slow when it comes to issuing the cards. It took at least a month for me.

DC27 said:
That's funny. I applied late last year for a Zinc card and was never asked for a wage slip or bank statement. I think I just had to supply a utility bill to confirm address.

Yeah, they definitely asked me for both

a) Payslip, (dated within last 3 months), and
b) Three months Bank or BS Statements (dated within last 6 months).

These must be Originals!!

and

Proof of ID from a list (can be Photocopied)

and

Proof of Address from a list (must be Original).

On the application form, you must give employment details, so this is probably why they asked for the payslip??

Not really much room for lies there ;)

I put in my own company as the employer. It was never questioned.

I did have to give a photocopy of the passport, now that I think of it. Maybe they are clamping down due to a rise in bad debt or something like that.

Back