UB Tracker status and closing UB personal account

Alexander_

I have an UB Tracker and an UFirst UB personal account.
I use the UB app via the personal account to be able to see the current mortgage balance and to be able to see payments have been received etc. I don't use the account for anything else. I guess even for requesting mortgage statements I phone UB mortgages directly and don't use the personal account/app. This personal account gave a mortgage discount hence why I had it. But I read in another post that you don't need this now for the discount now.

I have received very little info from UB to date.

So 4 questions:
  1. Will the UFirst personal account be closed before the Tracker mortgage has been moved?
  2. Are there any updated time lines for the Trackers being moved?
  3. Is there any benefit to opening an AIB bank account now?
  4. Can you see your mortgage balance in the AIB app or request statements?

Very interesting questions.

As it's a performing tracker it will move to AIB, not ptsb.

I have no idea if you can access your mortgage balance via AIB. I don't think so.

But does it matter?

You should open a bank account with whichever bank you choose as soon as possible as it's going to get very difficult when the rush comes.

AIB is as good as any other bank, but a lot of people have reported problems opening accounts there.

Brendan

I could just use another non-AIB Irish bank account that I hold and set up a direct debit from that.

>But does it matter?
I am wondering about this too.
I have another mortgage abroad and much of the mortgage is managed now in the bank's app via your personal account.
Also from a standard browser on your laptop but via your personal account.
For example: extra payments, fixing your rate after current fixed term expires, breaking the fixed mortgage rate and refixing - all in a few clicks.
It all seems a lot more simpler if you have a personal account with the mortgage lender. In the space of a few years there has been significant digitalisation of processes - all via the personal account. And while AIB may not be there yet I feel it is only inevitable.

have you ever tried to use the Ulster Bank Manage my Mortgage

As Brendan said, your tracker unless it is an Offset it will move to AIB, this looks like it will go ahead in 2023.
I believe based on their communications in the last while they will have all of the current accounts closed before this point, I think they want it done by March 2023. ( if you have an Offset don't close anything ).

Last edited:
( if you have an Offset don't close anything ).
I have closed all the other random accounts I had but left the offset facility account and another savings account that offsets too against mortgage, will wait and see what happens next!

have you ever tried to use the Ulster Bank Manage my Mortgage

As Brendan said, your tracker unless it is an Offset it will move to AIB, this looks like it will go ahead in 2023.
I believe based on their communications in the last while they will have all of the current accounts closed before this point, I think they want it done by March 2023. ( if you have an Offset don't close anything ).
Is there any clues to what will happen with the offset mortgages ?

Back