Tv upstairs - indoor aerial or digisender?

Re: Digisender set up - magic eye not working!

For the magic eye to work the power supply to the second coaxial output on a sky box needs to be switched on . The default setting is off. If its off the TV signal will come through but the magic eye wont work.

There is a code you need to use in "settings" to turn it on which I cant remember but any of the satellite boards will have it also any TV accessory shop can tell you.

This is true for the magic eye,
but Sophia went with the digisender and its connected via scart

Bit baffled Sophia,
As you have picture and sound on the 2nd/bedroom tv it sounds like everything is set up right.
When you are in bedroom, with sky on, are you pointing the sky remote at the new receiver rather than the tv remote point? On most of the receivers the red light should blink when the sky remote is directed at it?

Also confusing that you can change the sound - are you changing the sound on the second tv with the sky remote?

Turn off your wireless router and see if this makes any difference. While the video sender is obviously working well, so no interference, I think the Infra red is sent seperately on a different channel, and is not sent on the same freq as the video. THere is a slight possibility the wireless router may be interfering with it, so just to rule it out, turn off your wireless router and then test it.

It's working!! I dont know exactly how - I turned off the wireless broadband router and played around with digisender, moved the radio channels at the back of sender & receiver to 2 instead of one

Then the internet wouldnt work when I turned it back on! So I switched off the sender box - internet working. Obviously cant have the 2 on at the same time but that's not a problem.

I really dont know what I did to fix it. I can change the channels in the other room and the clarity is fab. Hubby very impressed (doesn't know I have you guys to pester!)

A huge thanks to everyone. Now I can cancel ntl cable and save myself those fees per month. I love this site!
PS Wexfordman - I'm from Wexford too - up the yellabellies!

Great news,

Sounds like the problem was interference to me. What you could do, and it would be relatively easy, is to change the chan the router uses so you can have two on at the same time. You can log on to the router, and change it to the lowest possible chanel, then try the two settings on the digisender to see which one works with the router turned on at the same time.

Best of luck, and up the yellabellies
Wexfordman

Sophia

Glad you got sorted out, that what was the problem with ours and as I said in my earlier post we can only use one of them at a time. Usually its not a problem thankfully. Totally forgot to say to you to make sure the channels on the Digisender were the same, sorry. Sadly neither myself or hubby are techie minded enough to change the frequency on our router, any time we mess around with things pc related we usually end up doing damage LOL

Enjoy it

Spoke too soon re Digisender!!!

Hi all
after congratulating myself on sorting out the problem with the magic eye as I thought, turns out it was only a blip and soon we were back to the channels being the same on both tellys.

I also noticed that if the magic eye is placed in front of the sky digibox (no matter what angle) it blocks the command from the remote control to change channels - I have to move the eye right round the side of the digibox to get the remote working as usual.

Its soo frustrating. And this is with the wireless broadband router switched off (took ages for it to work properly after being switched off and allow us on the net!) Had to keep turning off pc and logging on again and eventually it worked.

I dont understand why the magic eye blocks the use of the remote control and whether we shoul just give up on the idea of being able to watch two different stations on the two tellys.
I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about this but many apologies as I'v no one else to ask!
Thanks
S

Re: Spoke too soon re Digisender!!!

Sophia,

You cant watch two different channels on the two telly's, unless for example, one telly is watching a standard RTE station received over the air via the aerial on your roof. You can only watch one sky channel at a time with the standard sky box.

Wexfordman

Re: Spoke too soon re Digisender!!!

Have you 2 digiboxes then ? If you have only one digibox you cant watch 2 different channels at the same time . You need a second box and an additional sky "multiroom" subscription. You dont need a digisender then.

Has anyone tried or heard anything on this sender which goes on sale tomorrow in Lidl, like all Lidl's gadgets, I never knew I wanted one until I saw it there (and they say advertising doesn't drive consumption!!).
[broken link removed]

I have NTL digital in the living room and NTL wireless broadband too.
Any help/suggestions/info appreciated.

Back