Tubridy Tonight Ratings

M

my2leftfeet

Anyone know what kind of ratings Tubridy is getting for Sat night TV. I only saw first part of Saturday nights show and thought he was very good. Quite witty.

Read in todays paper that he has beaten Parkinson on the oul ratings front, so RTE are signing him up again for another series.

For one reason or another I have seen 3 of the shows. He has really impressed me with his easy manner and wit. RTE should give him Pats Friday night slot.

I wish relatives on Ryan Tubridy would not try to plug him on this board, and encourage our employees (we being the TV licence paying employers) to pollute the airways with this amateur.

Go read a book or something!

Tubridy

He's just about OK when viewed in the context of most of the crap light entertainment put out by RTE. But whats with the anorexic look ! More meat on the proverbial sparrow. I'd worry for the lads health, he can't be 8 stone ?

Re: Tubridy

I concur. He looks better on the radio.

Is there no other talent in Ireland?

Can't stand the guy myself!

(No offence Ryan Tubridy, I can't stand Gerry Ryan either! - Maybe it's a Ryan thing?)

I hate him - he's a patronising southside mini gay byrne (who's also a idiot). The sooner they get him off the air (radio and tv), the better. Because of him I've stopped listening to 2fm altogether.

ratings

How reliable are these ratings anyway? Do the households providing data have digital tv? Is there an even split between Coronation Street fan agegroups and others? I am dubious about how true it is that so many people in Ireland are watching Tubridy or much of the other crap on RTE. Can anyone provide more light on the subject?

Re: ratings

The indo yesterday had it that he pulls in one third of the available audience, ie. 427,000.

Re: ratings

I'm pretty sure the ratings are done on a sampling basis, just like the major opinion polls. So they track the viewing in 1,000 or maybe 5,000 homes and extrapolate the viewing figures from that.

sampling

it's the sampling I'm worried about, someone told me a couple of years back that "their mother" was asked if anyone else was interested and passed the names of a few other aul ones down the street. Sounds like an urban myth but if it was true it would shed light on some of the figures. Or would they not be interested in Tubridy?!

Back