trying to divorce

watson2011

Hi everyone, as the title states im trying to divorce, a slow process which is been dragged out.
My ex keeps requesting the same information and re wording how its requested, she is convinced I am earning more money than declared and am Hiding it. I wish I was.
I am currently paying the mortgage and household costs along with maintenance for our child.
1..in the case of a settlement agreement can the house be sold when she disagrees claiming to be unable to buy a new place?
2...can I be expected to continue paying full mortgage along with child maintenance?
3..does she have the right to ask why I took out small bank loans? eg 500e to 2000e over a period of time.
4...does it factor into the situation that I have kids with my new partner? solicitor said no?
5...should add she works and has a wage of at least 350e

I'm assuming you don't have a JS in place and have opted to apply directly for a divorce on the grounds that you have lived apart for 4 of the last 5 years.

The primary concern is the support and welfare of any children of the marriage.

To that end, and to reach a settlement, each party provides affidavits of means and welfare.

If you are including the loan repayments as part of your outgoings then its not unreasonable to state what those loans are for.

In regards to the family home, there are several options; but if selling the house now means that your child has nowhere to live, that won't be one of them (see para 2).

If you are making mortgage payments then that is tied to your equity in the property. In fact it's quite a good investment.

You will have to pay child maintenance until your child is 18, or 23 if in full-time education.

Back