Trump Impeachment

Given the outrage and condemnation of Trump expressed by Democrats for not consulting Congress first over the Sulemani killing, can we expect another impeachment article for 'abuse of power'?

Trump cleared of impeachment charges, not unexpected in my opinion.

The Democrats, led by corporate fascism, have tried twice - Russian collusion, Ukraine corruption.
Meanwhile, ordinary working communities in the USA, looking on the military aggression across the Middle East and elsewhere through the blood sacrifices of their sons and daughters are struggling, to pay the mortgage, the rent, healthcare etc...sound familiar?
The people want Bernie Sanders to contest Trump.
Is there anyone else who could compete against Trump?

Last edited:
Trump cleared of impeachment charges, not unexpected in my opinion.

No-one expected him to be removed from office. That has been inevitable from the outset. Republican Senators are are more motivated by avoiding a mean tweet from Trump, than they are about their oath of office.

No-one expected him to be removed from office. That has been inevitable from the outset. Republican Senators are are more motivated by avoiding a mean tweet from Trump, than they are about their oath of office.

Most of them were critical of Trump's behaviour, but declared it did not meet the high bar required for impeachment.

I would have thought that'd still be enough to get a tweet missile from Trump, but maybe after the vote :)

Would anyone care about a tweet from an impeached President? He'd be a busted flush and yesterday's man.

The people want Bernie Sanders to contest Trump.
Is there anyone else who could compete against Trump?
Nobody wants Bernie to compete against Trump more than Trump does. He knows that if Bernie is the Democratic candidate then he is virtually assured of a second term. That's why Trump is attacking Biden all the time.
Given the Democratic field is a basket of misfits, nobodies, has-beens and nutters I think that a Trump victory is a safe bet.

Nobody wants Bernie to compete against Trump more than Trump does. He knows that if Bernie is the Democratic candidate then he is virtually assured of a second term. That's why Trump is attacking Biden all the time.
Given the Democratic field is a basket of misfits, nobodies, has-beens and nutters I think that a Trump victory is a safe bet.

It seems like normal politics has broken down with the Democrats when it comes to selecting Presidential nominees.
Or maybe that's the way politics has gone at national level in the States.

I've never heard of Deval Patrick but he is a former Governor of Massachusetts, succeeding Mitt Romney (Republican).
Only the second elected black governor in American history. Seems to have an impressive CV, Harvard Law School alumni, considered for the Supreme Court by Obama.
John Hickenlooper was Governor of Colorado, a swing state.

I guess you can call them nobodies at national level, but that kind of background used to be enough to get someone taken seriously to be the Democratic nominee.

It seems like normal politics has broken down with the Democrats when it comes to selecting Presidential nominees.
Or maybe that's the way politics has gone at national level in the States.

I've never heard of Deval Patrick but he is a former Governor of Massachusetts, succeeding Mitt Romney (Republican).
Only the second elected black governor in American history. Seems to have an impressive CV, Harvard Law School alumni, considered for the Supreme Court by Obama.
John Hickenlooper was Governor of Colorado, a swing state.

I guess you can call them nobodies at national level, but that kind of background used to be enough to get someone taken seriously to be the Democratic nominee.
Yep, now you have to be a crackpot leftie. They are like the UK Labour Party, electing a leader who is so toxic to the majority of people that they allow a nutter from the other side to win the election.

Biden was the front-runner. But Trump will make mince meat of him in any election.
Sanders would be the greatest challenge against a Trump second term.

Biden was the front-runner. But Trump will make mince meat of him in any election.
Sanders would be the greatest challenge against a Trump second term.

Back