Trs

dv8

Hi guys,

just a quick question. Do all lenders deduct mortgage interest relief at source?

If not who doesn't and in that case how does one reclaim the tax relief due?

Thanks in advance

[broken link removed]
Enter your details here you will get it back quicker if it is processed online rather than posting it in

Cheers Pink,

Checked out the link. Seems to me, perhaps mistakenly, that by using this link it doesn't matter what lender u use when it comes to claiming interest relief.

Or does it? As in is this link only relevant to lenders who have offer the facility to deduct mortgage relief at source? I just found out that NIB & IIB don't take off mortgage relief at source. Maybe there are others - in which case, going back to my Q, how does one claim the interest relief if they dont?

Or does this link apply to all lenders, regardless if they offer the TRS facility?

Thanks again

All lenders are supposed to deduct TRS as far as I know. They only do this once you've filled in the forms and Revenue informs them of credit to be deducted. Are you sure about NIB. A friend had an IIB loan and complained of the same thing, but he hadn't sent in the relevant documentation.

Not positive liteweight about NIB as I just heard earlier. Maybe the person that told me simply hadn't sent in the rel' docs like your pal with IIB.

I'l check it out.

Thanks for the reply

Back