TRS examination

suzyann

Hi,
Just recently received a letter from revenue in relation to my trs -My house is my primary residence and is not rented at all - It just asked me to tick the box to which situation I was in - ie mortgage for full primary residence; part of mortgage for something other than house; whether the house had been rented .

Has anyone else received this ?

I see nothing sinister in this. It may just be that they did not have proper details from what earlier information had been supplied and just wanted to confirm that you are entitled to 100% TRS on the interest.

To be fair the original poster never suggested that there was anything sinister about it and just asked if others had received the same.

OP, I work in practice and one of my clients has received the same.

Is it a standard random or targeted check or something new? As far as I know Revenue in recent years have been doing more and more computerised profiling of clients to identify those who are likely to have tax "issues". Just wonder if this is part of the same push?

To be fair the original poster never suggested that there was anything sinister about it and just asked if others had received the same.

Apologies for my use of word . My intention was to allay what I thought was the OP's worry at receiving a Revenue letter on this matter. In my experience, taxpayers do generally worry about letters received from Revenue as to whether their answer to the letter may result in even more enquiry. For some reason a lot of taxpayers have a certain unease at receiving Revenue letters. I did not intend not to be fair and will certainly be most careful in future posts as it seems to be very easy to be misread.

Hi OP here - yes I agree even though there is no need to worry I guess majority of people feel unease when they see examination on the letter from Revenue. That's why I just wanted to see if many other received the same type of letter .
Thanks

Back