Healthcare costs - not insurance Treatment Abroad Scheme - anybody used this?

Curlyfella

Treatment Abroad Scheme
Has anybody used this scheme or is it just something that is never actually approved?
I'm finding it hard to get info

Treatment Abroad Scheme

If you are a public healthcare patient and require treatment that is not available to you in Ireland, you may be able to use the Treatment Abroad Scheme to get the treatment in another country in the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (the EEA also includes Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland.

The same rules continue to apply to the UK during the withdrawal transition period. The transition period started after the UK left the EU on 31 January 2020 and will last until 31 December 2020, unless an extension is requested.

From the citizens advice website

Treatment Abroad Scheme
Has anybody used this scheme or is it just something that is never actually approved?
I'm finding it hard to get info

Treatment Abroad Scheme

If you are a public healthcare patient and require treatment that is not available to you in Ireland, you may be able to use the Treatment Abroad Scheme to get the treatment in another country in the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (the EEA also includes Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland.

The same rules continue to apply to the UK during the withdrawal transition period. The transition period started after the UK left the EU on 31 January 2020 and will last until 31 December 2020, unless an extension is requested.

From the citizens advice website
See here on HSE site https://www2.hse.ie/services/treatment-abroad-scheme/treatment-abroad-scheme.html

We used it a few years ago for dental work for 21 year old. Very specific paperwork and lots of t&c. Administered from Kilkenny. Very helpful staff.

See here on HSE site https://www2.hse.ie/services/treatment-abroad-scheme/treatment-abroad-scheme.html

We used it a few years ago for dental work for 21 year old. Very specific paperwork and lots of t&c. Administered from Kilkenny. Very helpful staff.
thank for the reply.

I found the staff for the treatment abroad section good too, but the cross border section, (same office) absolutely terrible.
Ridiculous manner and would not help or discuss a single thing.
Needless to say, they would not help and I doubt many patients are actually refunded

Back