Travel - would you go?

Boarding with Ryanair was ok - but we had assigned seats so just didn't join any queues until virtually everyone had gone through so didn't have problems.
This is my fear...the OK bit....... When you got to your assigned seat on the plane, was the space above your head for your carry on suitcase available to you only.......you pay enough for it now?

This is my fear...the OK bit....... When you got to your assigned seat on the plane, was the space above your head for your carry on suitcase available to you only.......you pay enough for it now?

We had paid for checked in bags and not overhead - so we only had a small carry-on for under the seat. So we didn't have any worries about overhead space. In fact we had a spare seat in our row in the end so plenty of space

We had paid for checked in bags and not overhead
I haven't done the math but we have always had a "carry on" each time we travel. These have now gone very expensive. I am just wondering if it would work out better value and less hassle to take one large suitcase for the two of us, to put in the hold and forget about the "carry on" suitcases? Just bring two small bags for under the seat.

I haven't done the math but we have always had a "carry on" each time we travel. These have now gone very expensive. I am just wondering if it would work out better value and less hassle to take one large suitcase for the two of us, to put in the hold and forget about the "carry on" suitcases? Just bring two small bags for under the seat.
We have always done the same. It's nice to have the carry on bags overhead as it saves waiting around in the Airport at the carousel. It is more expensive alright but it suits us better.

Overhead bag costs €25. Checked in bag is €35. Both allow reserved seating though latter I think has bigger choice. But with overhead we would have had to join the boarding queue to make sure we got space at our seat. With checked in bags, we just hung back until virtually last people went through

FWIW - we had no waiting around at the carousel in Biarritz - different for other airports obviously.

It probably is a personal choice . I do not mind at all standing early to get to my seat and have the bag overhead.

With checked in bags, we just hung back until virtually last people went through
I always find standing in the priority queue, wondering if I will have a space over my seat, to store my carry on suitcase, stressful. I think that we will try putting our suitcase in the hold going forward, even though it must be 20 years since we have done this. I like the idea of just walking on board, taking our allocated seats, waiting until every one has left the plane and then take my time going to the carousel. Especially, if I am not rushing to catch a connecting bus to my resort....

I’ve booked for travel to USA in December.

I’m slightly nervous about the travel experience/ it’s been so long.

I will be careful.

Marion

I see that both Croatia and Austria will only allow travellers visit if they are within a 270 day timeframe of having their vaccine. So our vaccination certs will expire in time. Only to be expected I suppose.

I’ve booked for travel to USA in December.

I’m slightly nervous about the travel experience/ it’s been so long.

I will be careful.

Marion
The hassle of going through security and immigration puts me off travelling to the USA unless I have to. It's going to be worse now... enjoy! :D

I see that Ryanair are still plugging their flights for November and December but I haven't noticed much movement in their flight prices beyond these dates.
We have already booked flights to The Netherlands for next May (had to as vouchers were expiring) but with Covid cases increasing there, we are reluctant to book our accommodation yet. I can't imagine Ryanair cancelling any of their flights, so if we don't go we lose out with nil refunds.

I also want to book flights to France for June but I am reluctant to do so at this point in time.

Hi Sunnygirl69

I’m afraid I never made it. Covid had other plans for me mid December. But while I’m here. I must say AER LINGUS was great! They made a goodwill gesture and refunded my entire cost - fees included. Great, indeed brilliant, customer service.

Enjoy your trip.

Marion

Back